1,396 total views, 6 views today
Content strategy is a fairly niche-related domain for digital marketing companies. It shares a lot of things in common with on-page SEO, off-page SEO, user experience, user interface, content marketing, web development, and conventional marketing.
This article points out certain prime principles of content strategy, how it harmonizes with its nearby fields of study, and shares a few guidelines for action that anyone in the digital space should contemplate before initiating their own content strategy.
Because of some good SEO content writing, people come daily to your website and read what you have written. We should accompany any revamping of the website with a content-first approach.
Even authentic and genuine content doesn’t last forever. Provided you haven’t brushed the content off on your website for some time, we obviously expect the content to have some development.
You might have heard that “content is king.” You might have also come across inbound marketing.
But what does it mean?
You know that change is in progress concerning how people make shopping judgments. Legitimacy is the most important factor.
People don’t believe everything, and they do not wish to get sold easily. They are cognizant of over-inflated words and out-and-out lies. They want to make their own decisions with proper research.
How do you contact ad-shy candidates during their decision-making period?
Give them the content they’re looking for when they’re looking for it. This enables editors to manage the sales talk, thus readers buy from you rather than from your competitor.
Among the most powerful ways to manage sales talk is through content development.
Regardless of the reason for owning a content site, be it for business or for a particular interest, it’s crucial to do it properly. In this blog, I will debunk some mysteries for writing SEO content.
I have set out some important steps in producing a great client-focused approach for your website content.
What is Content Development?
Content development is generating content for the website, be it in any form. You might know the content developers as well. The phrase “content developer” is also used for web developers, but in this blog, we are focusing only on the development of content — neither design nor programming.
Content development covers:
- Content Strategy
- Content Writing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Publishing
- Social Media Promotion/Social Media Planning Software
Content development is like content marketing.
Content can be anything from blogs to infographics, videos to graphs, podcasts to images on the website. It is usually called web content.
Some agencies and online content publishers manage either content or SEO. People rarely manage both domains. Sometimes it is due to lack of experience; sometimes it is because agencies are loaded up with too much work; sometimes agencies are dedicated for specific purposes, so they won’t touch the other departments.
Nonetheless, an efficient content development strategy is far greater than just writing or just SEO.
Good content can do your work up to some extent — but without the right b2b strategy and the right digital content plan — nobody will see your webpage that you spent weeks developing.
It’s a Herculean task, but the benefits of content marketing strategy are irrefutable.
1. Know Your Content Goals
- What value are you adding to the user? (education, information, healthcare, science, mathematics, problem-solving?)
- Whom are you creating the content for? (beginners, students, experts, professionals, amateurs?)
- Where do you post? (blog, forum, website, online directory, social media, all the above?)
- When are you going to deploy this content? (keeping a content calendar)
- How will your readers discover and engage with this content? (channel and platform strategy)
- What makes your content unique? (uniqueness and innovation)
- How are you going to stand out among the several other competitors? (Competition and competitors)
2. Content and The People That Create The Content Are Utmost Important
The principal purpose of a powerful content strategy is to satisfy users’ demands and meet business objectives.
Develop a structure that does not simply focus on the actual content, but also focuses on the people that create the content.
We need to keep the workflow and governance elements in mind when preparing a b2b strategy, so we can produce more meaningful and more valuable content for online readers, whilst satisfying our business goals.
- Substance — the theme of the content, feel or tone of the content, way of telling the content, what information we want to tell
- Structure — elevating the top priority points in the content and splitting up the content into small blocks of text
- Workflow — the manner, equipment, and support that we need to devise, generate and maintain the content
- Governance — persistence, uprightness, and content quality
3. Learn More About Your Audience Persona
- Study the shopping attitudes and practices of your clients
- Note your customers’ comments online and feedback on social media
- Acquaint yourself with tools that reveal your audience persona
- Avoid saying what you think of your product, instead, say what your audience wants to read (I would prefer Reddit to audience queries)
- Create your content according to your audience’s needs and wants.
- Buyer personas assist you in creating content and also help you with the type of person you are trying to reach.
- By learning about your important buyer personas, you can create customized content with respect to their interests, demands, and goals.
- Your content should focus on solving your buyers’ problems and tutoring them on industry subjects.
- Keep in mind that you have various readers with different interests, and your website should have content that caters to every individual.
- Other than your prospects, you should also generate content that is designed for clients, potential employees, business associates, and the media, etc.
4. Voice and Tone Are Important
- It reveals its character and identification
- Your voice should be uniform across all the platforms
- It will create a style that represents your brand’s voice and tone
- People will recognize the content, it doesn’t matter where they read it once they get the hang of it
- More or less, the tone of your content decides the buyers’ purchasing preferences.
5. Organize Your Writing Manner for Effectiveness
- Create an overview of blogs, e-books, infographics, white papers, video scripts, charts, and graphs at the top of the content
- Develop dedicated digital content planning and writing instructions for you and your team to follow
- Ensure consistency and uniformity in content for stamping authority on the content
- Check for content modifications.
- Change your tone according to your targeted audience persona
- Accumulate data on performance and analyze which content produces the most beneficial results
6. SEO Is Crucial
- People need to realize that SEO is becoming more and more difficult
- Google usually mitigates, punishes, and, in certain circumstances, even blacklists websites that perform “Black Hat” SEO growth hacking maneuverings.
- Tactics like concealed text, cloaking, and link spam were working pretty well previously, substantially — not anymore.
- White Hat SEO and inbound marketing are truly drawing attention and awareness among the users
- Google rewards more than ever people who use its white hat SEO growth hacking strategy
- SEO should be an integral part of every content strategy
- Content policymakers are uniquely placed not only to administer content thereby the content obeys webmaster instructions from search engines but also to design and generate content that strengthens brands rather than just using keywords
- It is more essential than ever to understand Google’s quality guidelines for success in search results
- Avoid any sort of dubious SEO tricks that are harmful to your website
7. Know Your Unique Value Proposition
- Your website must explain the why and how of your business.
- Show how your services and methods present value to your buyers.
- Your value proposition should be unique, and it should be able to distinguish itself from other firms in the industry.
- You should be able to stand out among your competitors.
- Use your value proposition as a foundation for the content you create on your website.
- Your unique value proposition should be noticeable on your website.
- Ensuring that it aims your content at and is important to the people you want to reach is significant to the progress of your site.
8. Create Content for Humans and Search Engines
- Understand the value of writing your copy for SEO
- Don’t stuff your keywords all the time and that makes the content meaningless
- Include the keywords naturally throughout your copy so that it doesn’t seem you are stuffing the keywords unnecessarily
- Must ensure that if someone visits your website, don’t sound like a robot
- In addition, by using “semantic keywords” you can create variations in words that cover your main keywords.
- Variation in words will help vary your content while enabling you to keep words that boost your search efforts, more commonly known as SEO
9. Publish Enough Content (But Be Careful)
- As far as uploading and publishing the content is concerned, quality beats quantity any day.
- That being said, just avoid posting once a month.
- Consistency is key to establishing confidence and trustworthiness both with your readers and with search engines.
- It is not that hard. As you post more blogs, articles, and content on your website, you’ll get traffic to your website.
- Traffic is a sign to Google that you have content people want to read.
- Once Google realizes you’re sharing helpful and relevant data, Google will give your content a boost on their results pages — bringing in further traffic and consideration.
- That being said, it’s grueling and toilsome. If you’re packing your website with substandard content, no matter how regularly you post.
10. Infographics Are Amazingly Attractive
- It’s simple to tell a complex story with nice graphics
- An exemplary way to describe stories
- Shareable content
- Assists in helping conversion rates
- Nice way to build a brand for your product
- A great boost in improving SEO
- You can explain many statistics, understandably
- Very well organized content with an accompanying tale
- Accommodates various formats with no difficulty
- Suitable for call-to-action buttons
- Engaging in nature
11. Assess Your Content All the Time After You Finish
- Make sure the content is accurate
- Look for any missing elements in the content
- After the write-up is over, always ask yourself whether your content is useful for your readers
- Ensure you update everything and no room for incorrect information
12. Research Is Crucial Behind Every Content Creation
- Perform data-driven research
- Conduct competitor research
- Complete keyword research
- Do audience research
- Market research is another important aspect to look after
- Perform business pain points research
- If your product is for all sorts of people, then do niche-related research
- Perform research on how to write a title that draws readers to your website
- Do research on acquiring free SEO tools that will help you improve your SEO efforts
13. Use The Right Language
- It is vital you speak the same language as your readers
- Avoid the use of internal jargon that your audience will not understand
- Stick to easy language that will resonate with your audience
- Showcase your proficiency and knowledge with their industry only when it is needed
- Content must be more conversational than formal
- Write your content like you were carrying out a one-on-one conversation with your reader
- Always remember that content is not about you, instead, it is about your reader.
14. Develop a Stage That Empowers Your Users to Tell Their Stories
- Realize that the content you produce is not the most important content on your website, but your users’
- Create a read/write option on your website
- Allow your users to engage with other users’ content as well as with yours
- We must create our own platforms where our readers can produce, write, engage and share their own content with others and with us
15. Evaluate and Track Performance
- This implies consistently testing and recording the performance of your content
- Note what kind of content is being shared
- Record which pages are receiving the most views vs. those not gaining much traffic
- Also, note down, “how long are the visitors spending on each page?”
- Determine which content is echoing your audience’s thoughts
- Determine where you must do things creatively
16. Promote Your Content
- Promote as much content as you can
- Proper content promotion is important to draw the eyeballs of people
- Simply posting links to your latest blog post on your social media platforms won’t do any good
- A mere link cannot entice the reader to engage
- You can advance your promotional strategy by introducing email marketing campaigns, social media marketing/social media planning software, push notification marketing, involvement in forums, and influencer marketing to improve your traffic
- The way of doing promotion is always changing, so monitor it from time to time
- Watch the network algorithms for social media ads. Even a slight shift in algorithms can affect your overall social media marketing strategy results.
- To witness maximum results without worrying about changing algorithms on social media, you can simply pay for your ads to promote the content
- Make your content easy to read and easy to share so that your audience can engage with your content quickly
- Include “Click to Tweet” bar or share button that can help to improve your reach
- Another way to promote content is through email marketing. Email marketing campaigns can focus on targeted marketing.
- Segment your email lists properly, thus you can send your emails to users who are genuinely interested in your content
- A segmented content marketing strategy that can drastically enhance your campaign results
To achieve the end objectives of a web content strategy, the smallest details must be considered and addressed right away. Voice and tone reinforce brand character, while our way of doing things can build a solid brand identity.
Maintain the language clear and succinct, and you will reap the rewards for it both from search engines and users. Always follow White Hat SEO strategies. Structure the content accurately and wrap it in metadata and you will lay the foundations for a great user experience.
Figure out a way for your users to share their stories with you.
Website Content Strategy Is Crucial
Designing a strong website content strategy is decisive in today’s digital world, where search engine rankings and getting caught by prospects are only possible by quality content.
By pursuing the above steps, you’re on a track to building thriving website content that will strengthen traffic and develop leads for your business, and you have also effectively bolstered a real online content strategy framework.
The above framework might seem daunting, but it is worth trying. If you still think this is a frightening task, you can always get the help of digital marketing agencies.
For more campaign emails, Instagram marketing strategy, SEO growth hacking, strategies for e-commerce and to develop your business in terms of leads and traffic, consult one of our digital marketing services strategists for a clear understanding of the entire situation.
Praveen works as a technical writer at Infiniticube. He loves to educate readers on the latest technologies – his expertise includes Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and Cloud Computing. He has written a few articles on Medium and Forbes. If you are keen to read his other articles, then check him out here.